New home water install

Users who are viewing this thread

jake65892

Reaction score
Putting in a water line for a new home. I'm set back 800' from the street. I'm at 45 water supply fixture units. we baselined 1.5" pipe to get back to the house from the street.

Builder talked to the water company and apparently there is only 35 psi at the street, so now we are adding a water pressure booster.

Is 1.5" still the right diameter pipe? Not sure how the booster vs supply line vs street pressure plays into the calculationss.

Reach4

Reaction score
http://www.pressure-drop.com/Online-Calculator/ is a pipe calculator. I take the defaults, and put 1 for roughness since I don't know the actual number. The pipe size needed will depend on the maximum flow I think.

If there is more drop than the minimum available incoming pressure, you will need the pump to be closer to the street.

Last edited:

jake65892

Reaction score
HDPE external to the house. pex inside.

I get 24.2 psi of drop, which is greater than the 35 psi at the street, so I'm good there.

Do I need to increase the size since the booster requires more flow on the street side to make up for the low pressure?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks