New home waste vent system

Users who are viewing this thread

Flowmax

Reaction score
Hello,
I am getting ready to build my own home and would like to know if some of you experts could help me design the waste-vent system for my home? I will be doing most of the plumbing myself and always looking for advice from the pros. If so could I send my floor plan in pdf?
Thank You, George

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
George, gluing the pipes together is tinker-toys. Doing so in a way that meets code and guarantees trouble-free service for decades to come is how we make a living. Plumbing a house is a series of problem-solving events that should only be done by someone on the scene who knows what he's doing. I admire your courage for even thinking about it, but plumbing can get difficult and aggravating, and I can picture you getting in trouble doing this.
I've worked on several houses where all the work was done by the homeowner; except the plumbing.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
As an example, a friend got a "perfect" drawing for the DWV in his bathroom addition. After he installed it according to his interpetation of the drawing, he asked me to connect it to the house plumbing so it could be inspected. When I saw what he had done, I told him, "the inspector will laugh for about 10 minutes and then he will put a rejection tag on it". I had to throw the whole thing away and do it over properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks