New High Efficiency furnace

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by moisheh, Jan 19, 2010.

1. moisheh

moisheh New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Mexico and Canada
    We are getting quotes on a new HE (95%) furnace. One is a Lennox dealer the other sells Goodman. I have never heard of that brand . I did a google and found mixed reviews. Dealer extolls the tubular heat excanger and longer warranty. The dealer is a huge home supply store. Probably 150 employees. They have their own mechanical division and do install a lot of furnaces in this area. Any comments on the Goodman brand?? Thanks

2. therinnaiguy

therinnaiguy New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    If installed right, the goodman will last as long as the Lennox. More service orginazitions will also be able to repair it . Lennox parts are only available to certain service organizations.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Goodman is fine, and on a 95% furnace, probably carries a lengthy warranty. The whole job, including later warranty work if necessary, are only as good as the skills and reputation of the installer.