New High Efficiency furnace

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by moisheh, Jan 19, 2010.

1. moisheh

moisheh New Member

We are getting quotes on a new HE (95%) furnace. One is a Lennox dealer the other sells Goodman. I have never heard of that brand . I did a google and found mixed reviews. Dealer extolls the tubular heat excanger and longer warranty. The dealer is a huge home supply store. Probably 150 employees. They have their own mechanical division and do install a lot of furnaces in this area. Any comments on the Goodman brand?? Thanks

Moisheh
  2. therinnaiguy

therinnaiguy New Member

If installed right, the goodman will last as long as the Lennox. More service orginazitions will also be able to repair it . Lennox parts are only available to certain service organizations.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Goodman is fine, and on a 95% furnace, probably carries a lengthy warranty. The whole job, including later warranty work if necessary, are only as good as the skills and reputation of the installer.