New guy blunder...tub waste and overflow

Users who are viewing this thread

Cody

Reaction score
I'm replacing a bathtub for the first time and had a small issue arise while connecting PVC for the drain assembly. I did the rough plumbing, got everything measured out perfect, did a test drop, and it all looked good so I cemented my drain pipes.

And then I noticed it...

The equal T section that connects the drain with the overflow is upside down... uhg! It looks like this will cause about a quarter inch of stagnant water in the drain. What other problems could arise? Is this a small issue or something that I really need to correct?

Cody

Reaction score
Ok good. That's what I kind of wanted to hear. It was really bothering me but I wasn't sure if I was just being ridiculous. Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cut the lower tailpiece in the middle. Measure from the center of the tub drain to the cut, then cut the overflow the same amount. Finally, cut the tub drain in the middle. Then turn the tee upside down and reconnect the three cuts with No-Hub couplings, after cutting about 1/8" off all three ends to compensate for the "stop" in the middle of the coupling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks