New "gray" Toilet Needed --to replace gray Briggs 133a (1994)

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by bmehr, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bmehr

bmehr New Member

Do you know of any toilet I can purchase in similar gray color as Briggs 133a gray 1994 toilet?? My client has matching color in sink and tub/shower unit. Briggs has never flushed properly and they would like a replacement. Thanks in advance for any advice!
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

If you will follow the "Toilet Review" link at the top of this page, then select "Shopping", and finally "Toto Toilets", you will find all of the Toto toilets currently available, including color options. They do not make a Gray toilet in any model. I doubt if any manufacturer makes one anymore. Fad colors come and go, and this is one that has gone. The Briggs never was a good toilet, so it is wise to replace it, and a Toto would be an excellent choice, but not in Gray.
  3. bmehr

bmehr New Member

Thanks, Gary. I need look no further. Toto is what I have in my own home. I remember coming to this forum when choosing bathroom fixtures. Hmm. Now to tell my client there is not a match. Wish me luck!
  4. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

Briggs called the color...Royal Silver

American Standard calls it...SILVER

Crane called it....PLATINUM GREY

Elger called it ....PLATINUM

Gerber called it....SILVERADO

Kilgore,Norris,Peerless called it.....STERLING SILVER

Mansfield called it....CLASSIC SILVER

Universal Rundle called it.....SILVER GREY

American standard makes it..........http://www.google.com/products/cata...X&ei=0-8rT8ObKufS2AXiormQDw&ved=0CIQBEPMCMAM#

The Bemis seat color is.......162

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Briggs also had another grey.......They called it LIGHT GREY

Artesian called it....PEARL GREY

Crane,Kilgore,Kohler called it...TENDER GREY

Gerber called it....SOFT GREY

Mansfield called it.....HARBOR GREY

Bemis seat color number is......052
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Well, this is a bit embarrassing! I took a couple of minutes and skimmed over the Toto toilets listed on Terry's web site and found that there are 12 Toto models available in gray. You may check these yourself by clicking "Toilet Reviews," "Shopping", and then "Toto". Then scroll through the models. I had not looked at color options before or if I did, I had forgotten.
  6. bmehr

bmehr New Member

Would there be a way of knowing which gray the Briggs toilet is by the numbers on the lid?
  7. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

Maybe but I wouldn't be able to help you in that respect. Here is what I suggest. Take a closet cap cover....its whats used to cover the bolts/nuts that hold the toilet to the floor,to a plumbing supply dealer that sells Bemis brand toilet seats. This dealer should have a color selection chart that you can match the color up nearly perfect.

The closet cap cover for your toilet is plastic and small so you can carry it to the store easier and not worry about breaking it. Even if you find a briggs the color chart will help identify what color you have to match.