New Filtration System Build

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by TTopPlumbing, Jun 13, 2012.

1. TTopPlumbing

TTopPlumbing New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Leak Detection Expert
    Orange County, Ca.
    I have been asked by my significant other to build her the best water filtration system. (She is a health nut) I am trying to figure out what the best filter or filter combinations available to make the purest drinking water. I want it way better than that bottled drinking water crap. Any thoughts?
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Jan 9, 2012
    Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    Ontario California
    For drinking water, I would recommend a standard reverse osmosis system and add an alkaline/pH adjusting filter to it. Be sure to get an RO with a permeate pump, this will give you the best quality, and best tasting water.
    The RO strips the water of most everything, the remin/alkaline filter adds specific minerals back into the water. It is also relatively cheap.

Check out the link, this is a popular and very well priced system.

Many other websites sell similar equipment, but I have had great success with these guys.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Nov 29, 2010
    Thank God for health nuts.