New fan installed has one very dim halogen bulb

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Katt, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Katt

Katt New Member

I just had a new ceiling fan installed and the light is so dim it's ridiculous. The fan came with a 100 watt halogen bulb. If the bulb was in the box for a long time, could that make it dim? Should I get a new bulb? I need a brighter overhead light in the room! The fan also has a remote that uses a 9 volt battery. The remote replaces the switch on the wall.
  2. Chris75

Chris75 Electrician

Sounds like a it's dimmed, try reading the owners manual, but I bet if you push and hold the light button on the remote it will ramp up to full brightness.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

They don't get old sitting in the box. You could light up Fenway Park with 100 watt halogen. Most likely wired wrong, or as already suggested, you may have a dimmer on the lighting circuit.