new eco drake dripping when filling

Users who are viewing this thread

steverw

Reaction score
while the tank is filling there are 3-4 drip streams pouring out from under the green cover at the top of the fill valve tower. dripping stops when fill is done. problem is the fill is noisy from the dripping, the drops hitting the water are distinctly audible over the normal water flow noise. i pulled the valve apart, didn't see any debris, etc. is it normal for these valves to drip like this? note nothing is leaking, the water all goes into the tank, its just the dripping noise is alarming, sounds like a roof leak. the tank is very resonant, rings like a bell.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
while the tank is filling there are 3-4 drip streams pouring out from under the green cover at the top of the fill valve tower. dripping stops when fill is done. problem is the fill is noisy from the dripping, the drops hitting the water are distinctly audible over the normal water flow noise. i pulled the valve apart, didn't see any debris, etc. is it normal for these valves to drip like this? note nothing is leaking, the water all goes into the tank, its just the dripping noise is alarming, sounds like a roof leak. the tank is very resonant, rings like a bell.

I think the instructions to most anti-siphon fill valves point out that dripping from the valve into the tank is normal.

Congratulations on your bionic ears.

You might try swapping this valve for a Korky 528MP, which you can adjust to factory specs for the Eco Drake (only the 528MaxPerformance, which has a silver cap, not any other Korky 528, like the blue cap 528T or 528 white cap -- these don't have the right refill percentage for your Eco-Drake). Korky makes a lot of valves for Toto, so it's OEM stuff.

That valve also has drips from the valve into the tank, but on both of my Drakes, I don't hear the dripping from the valve.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks