New DWV plumbing - opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

matt_foley

Reaction score
Hello. I just had my old cast iron drain system replaced with PVC. At the same time, I had the plumber rough-in for a bathroom in the basement.
I like the work he did and I believe the system looks good, and it passed inspection, but I am just looking for other opinions of his work.
Thank you,
Matt

One more thing to add: I posted these pictures because they are before the trench was backfilled to show the full pipe layout. The basement lav drain was cut at the line on the wall, a hanger was attached to the wall, and a 90 was used to bring the drain out from the wall and it was capped with a temporary cap.

Also, the 3" pipe for the basement toilet has been cut shorter and capped.

Attachments

• lowerview1.JPG
    lowerview1.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 692
  • lowerview2.JPG
    lowerview2.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 594
  • lowerview3.JPG
    lowerview3.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 646
  • upperview1.JPG
    upperview1.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 3,099
  • upperview2.JPG
    upperview2.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drains

Every plumber would have his own version of how he would have installed the system. That one appears to be operable and as long as the inspector had no problem with it, why do you seem to?

matt_foley

Reaction score
No problems...

Thanks for the replies.

HJ: I don't have any problems at all with the work. It's just that this is the first plumbing work I've had done on my house and it was pretty major. I understand that there are many different ways to accomplish the same plumbing job, I was just looking for opinions on how the layout turned out.

Thanks,

Matt

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
system

I would never critique another's work, unless it was blatantly incorrect. Some plumbers get in a groove and try to install every system the same way, which is not wrong, even if it might be inefficient.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks