new Drake installation

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Jasmine123, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Jasmine123

Jasmine123 New Member

This forum has motivated me to look into the Drake as a replacement for my 40-year-old contractor-grade toilet. Will the Drake fit in the existing location after I remove the old toilet? The base is 7" from the wall. The inlet valve is 4" from center, the bowl stands 14" tall, and the front of the tank is 9" from the wall.
  2. TedL

TedL New Member

None of the measurements you gave mean anything.

The significant measurement is the "rough in", generally determined by the distance from the wall (above any moulding) to the toilet mounting bolts on the sides of the bowl.

12" is the most common, but 10" and 14" are also "standard".

According to Terry, the Drake specs 12" but will actually fit into 11". If you actually have 12", this would mean an extra 1" of space between the back of the tank and the wall.

http://www.terrylove.com/pdf/cst744s.pdf

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009