New Disposer with Double Sink Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

SaShepherd

Reaction score
I am looking for the best way to plumb a double sink with new disposer install and dishwasher. The dishwasher is located on the right side of the double sinks and, ideally, I'd like to put the garbage disposer under the left bowl. Currently I have a horizontal waste pipe coming from the right bowl intersecting a vertical waste pipe under the left bowl down to a P trap. The waste line exits the wall directly below the left bowl. Is there any way to put the disposer under the left bowl ( I'd really prefer to do this so I don't have to rearrange all the garbage cans etc. under the sink) or do I need to put it under the right bowl and run a horizontal waste line across to the left side and then down through the P trap?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
As long as you can cut and use fittings to move the waste to the right side, you should be fine.

disposer-piping.jpg

Last edited:

SaShepherd

Reaction score
IT depends on how the piping is arranged. WE could probably do it, but we have no idea if you have the experience or ability to do so.

That's the question. I am quite capable when it comes to work like this, but I just don't know what is the best way for the piping to be arranged if I put the disposer under the left bowl? Here is how it currently looks:

photo(4).jpg

Would putting the vertical waste line under the right bowl with a T horizontal waste line across to the garbage disposer, a P trap below the T and then run a horizontal pipe across from the trap to the wall waste outlet connecting with a 45 be a solution? Seems like a lot of room under the sink would be taken up by plumbing with this solution though.

Last edited:

SaShepherd

Reaction score
YOu would have to put a 45, 60, or 90 at the wall to direct the drain to a trap located under the right hand sink.

So I could even use a 90 to direct the drain from the wall across to the trap located under the right sink and this would keep the waste line tight to the wall so as not to waste too much space.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks