New clothes washer / sink connection

Users who are viewing this thread

danschy

Reaction score
Greetings. I've done some looking around but can't find recommendations on my specific issue - what is the best way to connect a sink and clothes washer to an existing 3" drain. I've attached a quick drawing, which does not have accurate pipe sizes and fittings, but shows the general layout. I would like to tee off the existing 3" drain pipe with a 2" run, that will tee off to the sink, then to the clothes washer. I have three choices for the vent line - 1) between the the two p-traps as shown on the drawing, 2) between the 3" pipe and the sink connection, or 3) both places. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• washer-sink venting.JPG
    washer-sink venting.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 176

danschy

Reaction score
OK, but I don't think I can just move the vent connection to the left (my solution #2) because then the two tails are connected which I think is also a violation, so do I really need to go to two vent connections per attached file "washer-sink venting2", or is it preferable to go to two tees on the 3" drain (see attached file "washer-sink venting3"), which looks like more work , but I'll do it if that's really the right way.

Attachments

• washer-sink venting2.JPG
    washer-sink venting2.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 161
  • washer-sink venting3.JPG
    washer-sink venting3.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 152
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks