New Branch Line

Users who are viewing this thread

poky1234

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to install a new sink for a wet bar. The distance from the sink to the 3/4 main line is 30 feet. Can a 1/2 inch pex branch line run this far? Also the 1/2 inch branch line would run along side a 5 inch duct pipe supplying heat to one room . Is it ok for the 1/2 inch pex to run along side it? Its 20 feet away from the furnace. If the duct pipe is an issue I would have an alternative route for the 1/2 inch branch pipe but its 45 ft from the main 3/4 line.
Thanks for any advice.

Doug

poky1234

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I cannot clamp the pex to hold it away from the duct as both the pex and the 5 inch duct are tucked into and running along a steel H beam. Would it be ok to use a strip of sill gasket foam (1/4 in) between the pex and the duct to keep them separated?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That would work...you might also consider using stock pipe insulation over the pex. This would do two things, help to keep it hot (or cold, depending on the supply) and prevent it from rubbing against the metal of the duct and its joints.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks