NEW BATHROOM INSTALL

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnnyW

Reaction score
Greetings, Im new here and installing a complete bathroom in a different location. Im a handy DIY'er but am a bit confused as to proper routing for sewer/vent/stack with this layout. Obviously my intent is eventual inspection so I gotta get this right. Currently unemployed so i'd prefer to avoid the expense of a plumber to come in and design a passable system. My hope is to complete this project before winter...code area western NY. It would be invaluable to me if I could get a bit of advice on this...frankly Im afraid to just wing it...all new install will be dwv ending in a fernco to existing cast iron sewer. My apologies for lack of complete info..Id be happy to provide any info needed. As per these pics...existing sewer is not shown at bottom. Help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EDIT.jpg
    EDIT.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 100
  • plumb 003.JPG
    plumb 003.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 88
  • plumb 004.JPG
    plumb 004.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 93
  • plumb 005.JPG
    plumb 005.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 87
  • plumb 006.JPG
    plumb 006.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 88
  • plan 001.JPG
    plan 001.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 92

JohnnyW

Reaction score
due to wall restrictions the only place I can run a vent stack is between the 2x6 studs to the left of the tub in fotos. 4" sewer runs down center of trench...access very limited between floor joists and ground...so in other words I cant run a vent stack vertical off main 4" dwv...it would have to cut over...hope that helps a bit more.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Let me suggest these two basic primers on plumbing for homeowners. Terry recommends the first one, and I find the second one to be very helpful as well. In fact, I would look at the second one first, because it's a little more basic, and then look at the Bert Polk (1st) one, which is a little more advanced.

Good luck, and come back once you have looked through them.

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

http://www.klickitatcounty.org/documentcenter/view/103

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks