New bathroom in basement...vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

mcfetting

Reaction score
I am just about to start to finish my basement. We bought the house nine months ago and had a "two piece rough in" put in. There are 2 pipes coming out of the floor. One is about 4 inches (I am guessing for the toilet) and another pipe that is about 2 inches. I am not sure what they are for and if this has to be vented. There is only one other pipe in the floor (not very close and I believe it is a clean out.) Any help/ideas would be great. Thank you.

MF

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Maybe one pipe for toilet, and one for lavatory sink. Most definitly needs to be vented. Perhaps a vent is tied in where these pipes join the main?

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Pictures might help...
Give us an idea of layout...
As well, in the pictures, place a tape for size comparison....

Prashster

Reaction score
How big's the cleanout? Is it coming from the floor? If it's 2", then perhaps it's a vent for the two fixtures. For the other 2" stub, if you can If you can see water in it, (you'll have to fill it first) then it might be a shower / tub drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks