New Bath in Existing Garage

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by Nate C., Oct 9, 2005.

1. Nate C.

Nate C. New Member

:confused: Although I am a master electrician and have been in construction for 29 years , plumbing intricacies may as well be Icelandic. I have been advised not to encase plumbing in concrete as cracking will damage PVC and not to place a major before a minor.I will attempt to insert my proposed riser.I would really appreciate any and all advice.

Sincerely, Nate C.

Attached Files:

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I believe you cannot wet vent the toilet.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

A toilet that was not wet vented might be the rarity in this area.
  4. Nate C.

Nate C. New Member

Wet vent ?

Please explain "wet vent" and the solution.

Thanks, Nate C.
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Wet vent means a portion of the piping which vents a particular fixture is also "wet" meaning is it carrying the waste from another fixture, such as a sink. I probably spoke too soon, since venting is not a strong subject for me. hj indicates that your hookup is OK. And what hj says, goes!
  6. sulconst2

sulconst2 New Member

you need to vent the tub and sink. tie these 2 vents into main stack going thru roof. the toilet will be wet vented by the sink cause you can run that drain above grade (in the wall) into the toilet stack/vent.
  7. Nate C.

Nate C. New Member

Many thanks for timely advice!

I would like to extend my sincere thanks to those who have taken their valuable time to answer my questions.The advice contained therein has been extremely helpful.
    Though I am unable to contribute with plumbing help,I would be more than happy to offer up my knowledge in the electrical field as many times kitchen and bath remodel requires both plumbing and electrical.

Again,many thanks.
    Nate C. Master Electrician
  8. sulconst2

sulconst2 New Member

nate, im gonna take you up on your offer of electrical advice. ill post in the electric forum. thanks