New Basement Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Tazman

Reaction score
Hello friends. I'm Taz and brand new on here. I've owned my first home for close to 3 years now and have been updating it. It's an old house built in 1910. I try to do as much work as I can myself. I've learnt a lot along the way. It's now time to install a new toilet in the basement so here I am. I don't know the first thing about plumbing so excuse me if I use the wrong terms. All that I know so far comes from research, thanks to the internet. The spot I have chosen for the toilet is right next to the waste pipe. Like a typical rookie, I would like to be able to do it without breaking into the concrete. My first option was a macerating toilet, but I've decided not to go with one becasue of a majority of bad reviews. I am now wondering if I could get a toilet with a rear discharge and connect it to the waste pipe above ground if I have the right amount of slope. As shown in one of the pictures, I would like it to be in the area on the right hand side of the pipe, facing the camera, but if the rear of the toilet has to face the pipe, I can make that work too. So my question is, is this going to be the right way to do it? More questions will follow if the answer is yes. By the way, the ceiling height is 6'. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20161204_150915.jpg
    20161204_150915.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 255
  • 20161204_154843.jpg
    20161204_154843.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 238
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks