New Basement Bathroom Vent Help

Users who are viewing this thread

cubsno1

Reaction score
Here is a diagram of our current setup. I'm wondering if this is sufficient venting.

This bathroom is in a basement and basically just continues the 4" sewer drain now running the length of the house. It reduces down to 3" for the bathroom.

I should also mention all of the wyes are horizontal and will 90 degree up into the wall / toilet flange.

The vent shown here ties into an existing dry vent but this is where we have it placed in-line with everything else.

Thanks,
Tom

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
No. And those wyes are aimed in the wrong direction.

Let me suggest these two basic primers on plumbing for homeowners. Terry recommends the first one, and I find the second one to be very helpful as well. In fact, I would look at the second one first, because it's a little more basic, and then look at the Bert Polk (1st) one, which is a little more advanced.

Good luck, and come back once you have looked through them.

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

http://www.klickitatcounty.org/documentcenter/view/103

Last edited by a moderator:

cubsno1

Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words, a poor drawing is worth zero. I had the wyes the correct direction, I drew them poorly. Here are some actual photos of the setup dry fitted.

This is the drain for the bath tub, vent, sink drain, toilet drain in that order. The 3" pipe coming out of the end runs through a trench to the stack that drains the bathroom upstairs (next picture).

The trench the 3" PVC will be layed, ties into the stack on the at the top of the picture, continues straight out to the street.

This is the stack that drains the upstairs bathroom sink, toilet and tub. The capped copper on the right ties in above (assuming into the 3" copper somewhere) and out the roof. This is where we'd like to tie in our venting for our downstairs bathroom.

I will certainly read those links to get a better idea of what I'm doing but wanted to get some better pictures out there of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks,
Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks