new 7000sxt not completely softening water

Users who are viewing this thread

JimmyG

Reaction score
Hi guys, I purchased a 7000sxt valve, 1.5 cu ft water softner about 2 months ago. My water is 25 hardness with no iron. After installing the softener it and running a regen cycle the water was noticeably softer, but not completely soft. I started out with 9lbs of salt per regen and have slowly increased it to 22lbs. The water is still not completely soft. It doesn't get any better or worse through the week as the softened water is used up. It seems like there is hard water that is bypassing the softener. Is that possible? Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can give me.

Lifespeed

Reaction score
Download the service guide, go into master programming mode, write down your settings and post them here. Order a Hach 5B hardness test kit so you can measure hardness before and after.

JimmyG

Reaction score
I'll get a hardness kit asap and post the results and settings. I did the install and setup myself. As far as the water softness I can tell when taking a shower, there is a big difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks