Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Neorest® 700H Dual Flush Toilet, 1.0 & 0.8 GPF
MS992CUMFG

An integrated toilet with technologically advanced Washlet, this Neorest is a truly remarkable combination of ecology and luxury. Meeting both ADA and Universal Design needs, people of all ages and abilities can enjoy all of the Neorest innovations, including TOTO's Cyclone flushing system, eWater+ Technology, remote control, automatic flushing and CEFIONTECT, an extraordinarily smooth, ion-barrier surface to help keep the bowl cleaner longer. -
See more at: http://www.totousa.com/neorest®-700h-dual-flush-toilet-10-08-gpf#sthash.P6nmmUTF.dpuf

toto_6305.jpg

We installed this one in Newcastle/Bellevue

toto_6294.jpg

It comes with it's own shutoff.
The template helps to postion the blocking. The outlet to the right is to power the unit up.

toto_6295.jpg

Across the room was the bidet.

toto_6298.gif

Ready for the seat.

toto_6297.jpg

The Washlet portion.

toto_6312.jpg

Pretty cool unit. :)

Last edited:

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
Remote control for a toilet? Oh, wait, that is for the washlet. Hmm, I wonder how popular this toilet will be in the United States?

Last edited:

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
I just clicked on the link posted by Terry and this toilet has a 67 page owner's manual!

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Twenty five years ago, I was stranded on a construction site down in Florida, in a worn out travel trailer while working on my divorce. No hook-ups except electric, and that was chancy. I found that a 13 gallon trash bag, properly draped, could be used to take care of business in an emergency. So, I get a laugh out of some of the way-expensive stuff people are wanting in their houses these days. Not a cut, 'cause I still admire human ingenuity.

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
My first thought when I read the original post was that this was overkill for a toilet. But then I realized there are probably people with mobility issues or health issues like rheumatoid arthritis that actually need a remote to lift the lid. So no judgement here, but I did get a chuckle out of fullysprinklered asking for volunteers to service it.

On a side note, I wonder how well a 1.0gpf performs compared to a 1.28gpf or 1.6gpf Toto?

Last edited:

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
It seems to me the 550h and 700h have the same features but a slightly different style. The 550h has a concealed water supply being the main difference. The pricing for the 550h appears to be quite a bit lower also. About a year ago I looked at these toilets locally. The distributor had a 550h in Sedona beige that was a return due to color that they would have given me a great deal on. I ended up going with a Toto s350e washlet instead since it was much cheaper and I didn't need to move the supply line. The washlet does most of what the Neorest line does except for the remote/auto flush and remote raising of both the lid and seat. While I think these these are really cool toilets it's hard to justify a few thousand more for these features. But with that being said, if you are already in the market for a new higher end toilet and washlet combo, and can find a good deal on a 550h, the difference would probably be less than $1500 and worth considering IMO.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If I had the money to splurge, I think it would be neat. But, I don't, and won't!

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Going back to your original post, Terry -- why did the owner think they needed a separate bidet?

Seems like getting a $6800 toilet, which in its own manual says it has a bidet function "for the ladies," should suffice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks