Neo-Shower Pan....kinda bouncy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
I just installed a neoshower pan and it gives a little when you stand on it.
The plastic pan has a ribbed underneath and is pretty solid, the floor that the pan is going on is slightly unlevel so the pan had to be shimmed. When you step in the pan it gives a little so I'm wondering if I should put some level best down or drop a bucket of joint compound underneath so the pan will be solid ...........any ideas?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
dump some mortar or stucolite down there, carefully push the pan down until it is level. It will fill in the pockets and make it feel much more substantial while taking care of the unevenness of the floor as well. Let it sit, preferably overnight, then continue. Take the shims out...holding it up at a few points will only lead to problems later.

Backglass

Reaction score
When our neo-angle pan installed, we had the same problem so the plumber set the whole thing in cement. It's rock solid now...literally!

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
Yeah I pulled it.

I pulled it and mixed 2 40lb bags of mortar and put that down. It's solid alright, but what a piece of crap neo-angle plastic pan and kit, it's inexpensive at $319 but with all the labor in putting up the plastic walls and 3-piece door it's not worth it. It's better to buy a decent shower that stands alone and snaps in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks