Neo-Angle Shower Door

Users who are viewing this thread

rachel.whitehead

Reaction score
Hi,
My husband and I recently put an addition on our house. It included a new bathroom with a neo-angle shower. We bought the base and glass doors, and tiled the walls of the shower. My contractor does not install the shower doors and recommends we hire a professional to do the job. My father -inlaw is quite handy and offered to install the doors but he is not the type to read directions. He prefers to do things 'his own way'. My concern is that once he returns home (six hours away) the doors may leak and then what. Do you think we should let him do this, or hire a pro for 200 hundred dollars??
Rachel

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
If they were custom glass door than no, but maufactuer door kit then sure.
Most handy people will be able to do it, the most important thing is the base and walls are level. They do have a bit of a play.

Most doors will recommend silicon under the bottom and sides of the door and on the outside of the door to prevent water leaking and not on the inside.
Allow 24 hours to set before using.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do it yourself, then assuming you follow the instructions, you'll know it was done right. It isn't all that hard, and the tools needed are probably something you should have in a new house anyways. The only part that might require a non-standard tool is something to drill a hole in the tile. Depending on what kind is up there, you may require a diamond bit. Lowes sells them in various sizes. Other than that, there's nothing special about them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks