Needing a replacement toilet for an old Norris model

Users who are viewing this thread

Amber Cooper McCoy

Reaction score
Looks like my Norris toilet has cracked you can see a picture here from a previous post) & we are in need of a replacement. Of course the tile floor around the toilet was made to fit this toilet. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience replacing a toilet like this?

Thanks in advance!

norris_cracks_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just selecting a new toilet can be challenging, but the tile make it more so. Let's start with the toilet. If you will go to the top of this page and click on "Toilet Reviews". Now select "Shopping" followed by "Toto Toilets". Now you can peruse all of the many Toto models. Now comes the floor. It is unlikely that you can find a new toilet of any brand that will fit into the space the old Norris comes out of, and matching tile colors exactly can be difficult to impossible, and "almost matches looks like *&%$. When you can't match colors, then go with contrasting color that can actually enhance the appearance. For example, if the original tile is cream colored, get some light blue to fill the space. I would suggest you consider replacing the flange and tiling all of the space so the new flange will rest on top of the new tile. That's where it is supposed to be, but almost certainly in your case the tile was done as a remodel so the flange is too low.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some of the new toilets, like the TOTO brand, have larger footprints. Often we can just install the new bowls and it will cover.

The Drake and Ultramax do a good job.
If someone needs more coverage, then something like the TOTO Soiree or Guinevere cover even more.

I like Gary's suggestion about picking some tile that acts as an accent if needed. The new bowl may cover though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks