Need well advise

Users who are viewing this thread

Yonubear

Reaction score
Hi I need some advise I just purchased a older home and I am about to put a new pump on the well but I am confused about the wellhead I was told that the attached photo is the wellhead and there is no pressure tank I can find I am including photos of both. Hopefully someone can help me out on Idina parts.

Thanks,
Yonu

Attachments

• 20151105_131027~01.jpg
    20151105_131027~01.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 20151105_132300~01~01.jpg
    20151105_132300~01~01.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 245

Reach4

Reaction score
Located where there is no freezing?

It is better to have a casing that extends above ground because well seals can leak.

Your pressure tank may be underground. Are there any well company stickers on any of your water equipment?

Idina parts
What is that?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
One picture shows a water softener and a brine tank maybe. I'm not sure about the other picture. Do you have community water on Harkers Island?

Yonubear

Reaction score
Ok no community water. As it is gloucester nc According to the realtor the piece in the yard is the well head. OK so that is the softener. There are 2 pipes coming up in pump house that has nothing connected to Them I assume they are the pump hookups.

As to stickers nothing has a label on it as to who may have installed it.

Thanks,
Yonu

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
For many years there were no well rules in Carteret County. I don’t know about now. The county keeps records for septic system installations and repairs if they were done after 1983. The pump and the pressure tank may have been stolen if the home was vacant for a while.

Yonubear

Reaction score
ok I know the pump was stolen the realtor told me that and I was good with it. So should I simply assume both were since there is not one present in the pump house or in the house?

yonu

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks