Need Well Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

JOE_DYI

Reaction score
When i moved into my current house, I had a well drilled. They left a cast iron pipe , at least 2", maybe more, and the well pipe is PVC down the center.

One day after 12 years, the pump was having a hard time getting primed, and it is a deep well, maybe 120 feet, and I live closer to water, so at times of the year ground water is easy to find with a shovel. It went so deep because the men who drilled it, kept tasting the water, and they stopped when they said it was sweet water.

I had no iron or sulfur for the longest time, but then i got some iron, not a lot, but over time it leaves its mark.

So when the well had a hard time, I opened it and tried to pull it up, but it could not come up, the well head must have had mineral deposits making it bigger than the end of the pipe. I tried some reckless things, but eventually the rains came and it was working fine.

Question, If i wanted to get all that PVC out of the pipe, how would I do it? Is there a service that has a big drill that will twist its way down the inside of the pipe and pull up the PVC?

I hate to think that I have to have another well drilled, and I do need it for the type of grass I have

What are my choices for dealing with a clogged well head, and or removing the PVC and putting in a new well head and PVC?

Thanks for having a forum like this, it helps in so many ways. I will try to answer others questions about topics i am well versed in. Joe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks