Need vintage compression nut

Users who are viewing this thread

pimball

Reaction score
I need an old style compression nut for a 1-1/2" pipe for a 110 year old tub drain. It is just like a conventional modern nut except it has a fine thread (14 per inch). Anyone know where I can get one, or two actually? So far, I haven't been able to find one.

Reaction score
A picture under the tub for the whole setup would be nice.

Old school plumber supply shops may have something like this, these are the same folks that stock oakum, bibb washers, packing material, usually places that have been in business since 1950, etc.

And it also wouldn't cost that much to get it machined by a local machine shop, I mean it may cost $100 tops, which is really not much these days considering the peace and mind it will give you to complete your project.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The fine thread nuts are usually proprietary and NOT made to a "standard" so even if you find one, and they are out there, (usually as part of a complete overflow assembly), it still might not fit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks