Need VERTICAL support bracket for 4" PVC used as gutter downspout

Users who are viewing this thread

AcidWater

Reaction score
I cannot find anything suitable at Home Depot. The various horizontal support bits won't adapt, they either stick out too far from the wall, or the U shaped brackets are actually a lot larger in diameter.

Ideally I want to support it with some sort of hook arrangement, so I can lift it up and away if necessary to clear a clog.

There will be no support from above; I intend to hang the downward sloping part from from the roof overhang as a free-floating piece.

The old metal downspout has a very nice "claw" bit which can mate to a "hook" in the wall, and the claw is about 3" high so you can adjust the vertical height. I cannot find those pieces for sale (although I don't know what term to search for).

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Maybe you could get an "automotive" style 4" exhaust clamp (U-bolt style) then add a metal strip with a protruding bent tab to act as the claw/hook.
It's hard to imagine what you have without a picture.

AcidWater

Reaction score
There is a part called a "rack and key" which is attached to metal downspouts. It hangs on a "bracket" which has two styles; either driven into the mortar like a hard nail, or screwed in. My existing gutters have these, but I didn't know the name of the part until I came across an image.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks