Need to replace shower drain, broke cross in drain...

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by BustedNuckles, Jul 25, 2007.

1. BustedNuckles

BustedNuckles New Member

I was trying to replace a leaking shower drain on a fiberglass tub and I snapped the brass cross that the special drain tool fits into. Now I can't figure out how to get the top part of the drain to unscrew from the bottom flange. Help! I tried an "easy-out" plug and a compression plug but they are threaded the wrong way, can't get any leverage if you know what I mean.

I hope this is clear?

BustedKnuckles :mad: