Need to replace an old Kohler Rialto

Users who are viewing this thread

Danielle

Reaction score
I just did a gut renovation of my master bathroom which is long and narrow. We made the mistake of keeping our existing 1990 Rialto because we thought it worked (didn't realize it was so old). Well on Christmas day, 4 days after we started using the completely renovated bathroom, we had a leak into the kitchen below - which is the reason we did a gut reno anyway (had a leak, assumed it was the corroded pipes under the toilet, which may have been the issue as well as a bad toilet). Anyway, heartache aside, it's now a modern bathroom. The plumber suggested I get a similar footprint one-piece toilet or even the same one. I do not want the Rialto again as it gets terrible reviews (though leaks aside I did like it). I did the renovation such that I installed a GFI so one day we can get a washlet seat. So, which toto (or other brand) could work with the least disruption to tile etc given the Rialto installation? We could probably go a few inches longer for an elongated but not much deeper. I assume a standard 12 inch rough in.
IMG_1809.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG

Thank you for your help!

I see from previous posts maybe the Carolina II or the Supreme (which i like the look of better) would work?

Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any of the one-piece TOTO would work well there, especially with the Washlet. Some brands don't play well with them. The tanks can be too close to the seat bolt holes. The TOTO bowls are made with the Washlet in mind.
If you go for a skirted bowl, make sure the shutoff at the wall is six inches to the left of center or more. The non skirted can get by with 3" left of center.
The Rialto was a standard 12" rough.

Danielle

Reaction score
Any of the one-piece TOTO would work well there, especially with the Washlet. Some brands don't play well with them. The tanks can be too close to the seat bolt holes. The TOTO bowls are made with the Washlet in mind.
If you go for a skirted bowl, make sure the shutoff at the wall is six inches to the left of center or more. The non skirted can get by with 3" left of center.
The Rialto was a standard 12" rough.
Thank you for the quick reply!
I think I need a non skirted one, looks like the GFI installed might be too close otherwise. It cannot be accessed due to the wide rialto so the electrical put the plate on it. You can see in the two pictures. Any issues you foresee? otherwise I'll choose a one piece toto with the shortest depth I guess. Thank you.

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The elongated bowls are best with Washlets. Front to back is 28", with about 3/4" behind the tank on a 12" rough.
You should be fine if you go Universal height on them.
That would be Supreme II or Ultramax II.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks