Need to replace an existing pump

Users who are viewing this thread

K9mom

Reaction score
I currently have a Goulds Jet Plus Model No. JO6853L pump that seems to have stopped working. I'm trying to find a replacement but can't find anyone that sells that model. Is there a new version of that model? I have found people selling just the motor but not the other pieces that go with the motor. Is it easy to take just the motor off and leave all the pieces and connect a new motor?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you want to find references to the existing pump, search for goulds J06853L in your favorite search engine. In other words, use a zero rather than an ooh. I see somebody is selling a replacement motor.

I don't know if you would be better off with a different pump.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Changing the motor is probably not a great idea. You'll need a puller to remove the impellor, seals for the housing and a lot more time and effort than its probably worth.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks