Need to Pump 450f distance and 80f vertical to holding tank

Users who are viewing this thread

PeterR

Reaction score
Ok my cottage is on a hill 450 feet from the lake and about 80 feet vertical, today i pump using a Honda high pressure fire pump over black 1.5 pollly pipe up the hill into a 300Gal holding tank into the basement and then Jet pump the rest of the house from the tank. I hate having to hook up the gas pump ever 4 days to refill my tank. Looking for advice on a well pump that can refill my tank at a flip of a switch and that can deal with the head pressure. Say deep well submersible mounted on a stand into the lake. Oh and power needs to come down from the house as well so what gage etc do I need?

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
Deep well sub is the way to go. A 1/2 HP 10 gpm pump with 230 volt motor do just fine filling the tank at about 15 gpm and #12 wire would be more than adequate. If you went with a 1/2 HP 7 or 8 GPM series pump, you could remove the jet pump and still get 6-8 GPM at 50 PSI in the cabin which should be plenty.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks