Need to move shower drain over about 1 inch

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex1975007

Reaction score
i am doing our bathroom in the basement and I forgot about the drywall on one side when putting the shower base in and it's about 1 inch off
I need to move the drain in the floor about 1 inch so I can screw the drain piece in for the shower
What's the best way to do
Can I just try move the drain over by pulling and vibrating it into place an inch over?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Cut a 12" square hole in the concrete so you can vaccuum out the hole and re-do the trap in the correct location. We always leave space around the pipe so one can get a little bit of adjustment, but 1" is going to set the drain too crooked to work with.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It will be easier to move the drain if you have a hole large enough to work in. It will be no more difficult (and perhaps even easier) to fill the larger space than a smaller one.

Alex1975007

Reaction score
It will be easier to move the drain if you have a hole large enough to work in. It will be no more difficult (and perhaps even easier) to fill the larger space than a smaller one.
Problem is tho that the shower base is installed and isn't possible to move

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Difficult to move, but no impossible. You have regain access to the drain and cut the concrete out.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It would have been obvious that the drain was not properly located when the shower pan was set in place. Whoever kept putting it together knowing that surely didn't do you any favours.
Now it's time to take it back apart.

Hammerlane

Reaction score
Problem is the shower base is in already and in place
I'm assuming you mean the shower base is already set in its foundation material like plaster or mortar? My question is who would set the shower base in without knowing that the stub-up from the trap is not lined up with the hole in the shower pan?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks