Need to learn how to replace a shower valve and faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

ryan_siefring23

Engineer
Reaction score
Hi,

So I need to replace the shower valve and accessories. I've done a lot of other smaller plumbing jobs around the house but I need to learn more about this one before I cut into the wall and hack up the lines. I was hoping someone could provide me direction on where to go for the best info on how to do this.

Also, I would appreciate suggestions on what valve to get. Most of the ones at ******* are the screw on type. However, I think you still need to braze that fitting on to copper pipe. Wouldn't it just be best to find one with copper pipe attached and then just braze on a union?

I'll try and post pictures of the situation tonight. I think that would help provide the best description of what I'm faced with.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks