Need to learn how to replace a shower valve and faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ryan_siefring23, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ryan_siefring23

ryan_siefring23 Engineer

Hi,

So I need to replace the shower valve and accessories. I've done a lot of other smaller plumbing jobs around the house but I need to learn more about this one before I cut into the wall and hack up the lines. I was hoping someone could provide me direction on where to go for the best info on how to do this.

Also, I would appreciate suggestions on what valve to get. Most of the ones at ******* are the screw on type. However, I think you still need to braze that fitting on to copper pipe. Wouldn't it just be best to find one with copper pipe attached and then just braze on a union?

I'll try and post pictures of the situation tonight. I think that would help provide the best description of what I'm faced with.

Thanks,
    Ryan