Need to identify old well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave 1804

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to find an adapter for pump pictured below but i am not able to find any information on it. It currently is attached to a 42 gal tank via a 2"x 3" (approx) rectangular flange and i need to adapt it to a 1" npt fitting for a modern tank.

I know it was installed in 1965 but came off of an farm before then and it made by Jacuzzi broths inc.

attached are a few pictures and all the information i could find on the pump.

Also i have attached the original receipt for the well.

I would much rather adapt this pump then replace it all tougher as it is working fine but i am required to increase the pressure switch from a 20/40 to a 40/60 ( due to a new combi boiler install) and i do not want to put more pressure on the heavily rusted tank.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I doubt you're going to find the parts to do that, have your local machine shop fab up an adapter from the pump discharge to NPT.

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
No luck on finding your old pump in one our catalogs but we also sold Goulds back in day instead of Jacuzzi.

I would cut a metal plate out to size on the open hole, cut a hole out in the center of the metal plate to fit a NPT Bulkhead Coupling, so you can have the thread you want. You need to drill the holes out in the metal plate where the bolts go as well, so you can put new bolts in the holes. When you mount it, you need to come up with a rubber seal, to stop any leaks from coming out around the edges, where the bolts go.

http://www.highpressure.com/product...plings-bulkheads-caps/npt-bulkhead-couplings/

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks