need to buy an electric hot water tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Danny B

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for the best deal on a 40 gallon or so hot water tank for my mobile home. I am able to pick one up anywaher in the lower mainland or Victoria area. Does anyone know where to get a relly good deal? Thanks.

Danny B

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
I assume that you are in British Columbia. The best deal will be if you smuggle one in from the US.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Tell us what you mean by " Does anyone know where to get a relly good deal?"

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Danny B said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for the best deal on a 40 gallon or so hot water tank for my mobile home. I am able to pick one up anywaher in the lower mainland or Victoria area. Does anyone know where to get a relly good deal? Thanks.

Danny B

For da best deal, you gotta talk to my brother in law, Vincent, AKA Vinnie da Barber.... And he ain't no hair stylist. If you know what I mean. That tank will be so hot, you won't even need to plug it in.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water heater

How much can you save on a 40 gallon water heater to make it worthwhile traveling more than a couple of miles to get it. A mobile home electric water heater is the same as a house one. It is when you get into gas that you find "mobile home" heaters and the only difference with them is they have anchor straps that are worthless unless you intend to drag the mobile home down the highway.

Danny B

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone

I appreciate everyones help here. I'm just renovating a trailer that I purchased and I just found out the hot water tank is from 1986 so I thought I'd better get a new one. It's an electric 40 gallong tank that I'd be replacing. I looked into tankless but I would need 3x 40 amps which I don't have. The cheapest 40 gallong electric where I live is $329 which I thought might be a little pricey. I'm heading to Victoria this weekend so I thought maybe someone new where there might be a less expensive one in Vancouver or Victoria and I could pick it up on the way home. Again I really appreciate everyones input. Thankyou.

Danny

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

The cheapest ones are going to be at Home Depot, Lowes, or similar. Since you are looking for the least expensive one, do not buy it so far from your house that you cannot return it for a replacement, if it is defective.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks