need to buy an electric hot water tank

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Danny B, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Danny B

Danny B New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for the best deal on a 40 gallon or so hot water tank for my mobile home. I am able to pick one up anywaher in the lower mainland or Victoria area. Does anyone know where to get a relly good deal? Thanks.

Danny B
  2. Buy a whirlpool < American Mfg. aka Craftmaster

Cheapest water heater in the biz and won't last long and will have problems......but it's a really good deal for the price.

You can make conversions from "mobile home" tanks to accept the normal ones for the better price.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  3. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

I assume that you are in British Columbia. The best deal will be if you smuggle one in from the US.
  4. Cass

Cass Plumber

Tell us what you mean by " Does anyone know where to get a relly good deal?"
  5. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

For da best deal, you gotta talk to my brother in law, Vincent, AKA Vinnie da Barber.... And he ain't no hair stylist. If you know what I mean. That tank will be so hot, you won't even need to plug it in.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

water heater

How much can you save on a 40 gallon water heater to make it worthwhile traveling more than a couple of miles to get it. A mobile home electric water heater is the same as a house one. It is when you get into gas that you find "mobile home" heaters and the only difference with them is they have anchor straps that are worthless unless you intend to drag the mobile home down the highway.
  7. Danny B

Danny B New Member

Thanks for the input everyone

I appreciate everyones help here. I'm just renovating a trailer that I purchased and I just found out the hot water tank is from 1986 so I thought I'd better get a new one. It's an electric 40 gallong tank that I'd be replacing. I looked into tankless but I would need 3x 40 amps which I don't have. The cheapest 40 gallong electric where I live is $329 which I thought might be a little pricey. I'm heading to Victoria this weekend so I thought maybe someone new where there might be a less expensive one in Vancouver or Victoria and I could pick it up on the way home. Again I really appreciate everyones input. Thankyou.

Danny
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

heater

The cheapest ones are going to be at Home Depot, Lowes, or similar. Since you are looking for the least expensive one, do not buy it so far from your house that you cannot return it for a replacement, if it is defective.