Need suggestion for solid metal shower head bracket

Users who are viewing this thread

edwardsgs

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many of these shower brackets my family has broken. I'll pay more for a solid metal one if I can just find one, but everything is plastic. Does anyone have an idea where to find one that is all metal, stainless, brass, etc I don't care. One of the sides where the shower handle rests always breaks off.

delta-u3401-ss-pk-643.jpg

Reaction score
Even if this were die-cast (like those Gardena metal connects for garden hoses), which isn't much stronger, it will still break, because you have the showerhead handle hanging on the supply elbow.

Ideal would be a dedicated seperate holder just to grab the showerhead handle, not part of the elbow. Fastened to the stud.

There's a good reason why most of these are plastic, aside from the fact that any machined parts would cost in the hundreds.

The constant brute force on it from daily service puts the strain on the elbow itself, istead of what is inside the wall. Usually there is a threaded elbow coppered from the valve inside the wall, with a short 3-4" horizontal arm "rough", this is what your plastic piece threads onto. You wouldn't want any of the stuff inside your wall to leak.

Last edited:

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
I just bought a 2 head shower hose add on from the box store. It came with a nice Suction cup holder for the hosed head. Maybe that as a solution?

Reaction score
I just bought a 2 head shower hose add on from the box store. It came with a nice Suction cup holder for the hosed head. Maybe that as a solution?
That's a start, at least your supply elbow won't develop any more leaks. But a suction cup isn't permanent and will give you months of service at best.

Ideally you want to get a decidated showerhead hook. Extra fancy wet rooms are built like this. There are so many different styles and designs available, so take your time. When you are ready, get a stud finder, get a rotozip tile bit, make a hole, and then anchor that metal showerhead hook to the stud. It'll last a lifetime of tugging and pulling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks