Need some shower doors

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Titan7, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Titan7

Titan7 New Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Anybody in So. Cal have recs for a good brand and installer? I have looked at Century Shower Doors and another Mfg from Lowes. I need to put bi-pass doors in with a header and bottom rail.

Also, should only the outside seams be caulked so water will run back into the shower area? I think if you caulk both sides you can get water trapped behind the door rails.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    The curb top should be sloped back towards the shower. Most door installations (if they use a bottom track) only tell you to caulk the outer edge. I put a Century door in my mother's shower and was impressed with the quality - I felt it was much nicer than the Kohler door I put on my tub. No extensive experience so can't help any more.

Installation often isn't all that tough. You will likely need a diamond core drill bit, but those can be had from Lowes or other suppliers.

If the opening is not plumb, then it becomes much more difficult and a custom door and install may be required.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement