Need some real-time help - need to replace water heater today

Users who are viewing this thread

Larryn Pearl

Reaction score
10 year old water heater, started leaking last night, all neighbors have had to replace so time to do mine.

I'm getting quotes from 860 - 1,000 to replace with a Bradford White 50 gallon unit. This is out the door including taking my old one away. Wife is pissed, need to get some hot water today. Please advise on cost and whether or not Bradford White is a good unit.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: Found a licensed plumber with great references who is coming over to install the Bradford White unit for $725 out the door. Feel for a Saturday call this is a good price. Actually spoke with a guy with another company who wanted $1,299, ouch!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are a few brands of WH that have a history of problems, or at least more than average, but BW is not one of them. Many think it is a pot shot - you may luck out, you may not, but it doesn't hurt to start out with a brand that generally has not had issues. So, given that, you probably got a good deal. Only time will tell how long it lasts.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Asking for advice on a water heater?

The first thing I ask is whether it's a gas or an electric water heater. That alone makes quite a difference.

We install a lot of the Rheem and the Bradford White water heaters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks