Need some info. on TOTO toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Dom Z

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Terry's forum, it has a lot of great info. I glad I found it.

My wife and I are doing a complete remodel of our bathroom. Right down to the studs.
We would like to install a Toto toilet. The model we are looking at is the Neorest 500.
Does anyone have any input about this model. Like, can it be install by a home owner with some plumbing and electrical experience. Or is it to complex a job and should only be done by a Pro. Or any pro's or con's.

We're also replacing the tube with a shower (60X34) we'll be using all moen products. The exact temp vertical spa. Hand held shower, rain shower head, and 4 body sprays. One Exact Temp value and three
volume control value.
I will post another question about the plumbing for this job in the plumbing forum.

neo_500a_top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It takes longer to install the Neorest.
But a handy homeowner should be able to do it.

Since you have the studs open, it would be a good time to put the waster supply in the right place.
They spec the water at 11.5" to the left of center.
The supplied shutoff comes with a threaded stop and chrome nipple, so you might think about a drop ear in the wall for the nipple.

Or if you stub out copper, you can add a male adapter to the end of that.

It take me about four hours to install one of these bad boys.

Neorest500

neorest_500_pedestal.jpg

neorest_500_hookup.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks