Need some help.. what is this piece?

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by intel, Mar 24, 2012.

1. intel

intel New Member

Hey,
    I am in the process of replacing the control valve for the sprinkler system in my mom's house. I ended cutting the pvc pipes as shown below.

[​IMG]

I was thinking of ordering a Rain Bird DAS/ASVF-100 anti siphon valve.
    My first question is that will this end connect to the new siphon valve that I want to order? This end shown below originates from the sprinkler timer (Rain Bird ESP-6) and attached to the old control valve.
    [​IMG]

My second question is what is the teal colored device on the right and is it replaceable? I tried unscrewing the L-shaped pvc that is connected to it and it wont budge.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for the help
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

No ...that piece will not connect to a DAS-100. It is some kind of solenoid with conduit adapter. The off-the-shelf DAS-100 just has wires from the solenoid. You would need to get that special solenoid from a commercial landscape supply. Your valve seems to be a Hunter, so there are three chances it will fit a Rainbird valve: slim....fat.....none///
  3. Tbone77

Tbone77 DIY Junior Member

The Hunter Solenoid will not fit Rain Bird valves. The other piece appears to be an indexing valve. I do not personally know much about them and have only come across them a few times. You maybe able to rebuild it. I would check with a local irrigation distributor in your area. Chance are they will know all about it and what options you have. Good luck!
  4. intel

intel New Member

Thanks guys for all the help, I ended up replacing the anti-siphon valve and the indexing valve.

Moderators feel free to close/lock this thread.