Need Some Advice on a Case 3000

Users who are viewing this thread

maryann650

Reaction score
Just bought a house with a 2 bolt wall mount Case 3000 (black). There is a leak and I believe I can find the parts to fix it. Should I just get it fixed or should I just replace it with the Standard American Wall Mount toilet (4 bolt)? Insurance is going to replace it so I am wondering if it is worth to just replace the whole toilet. I know the Case 3000 is a pretty solid toilet though. Also will it be hard to put in a 4 bolt toilet? The one we have now is 2 bolt. Also anyone know of any other brands besides American Standard that makes wall mounted toilets in black? Thanks for all your advice.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If insurance is indeed going to pay it might be time...
Its sure not going to be cheap!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's not real.
You can buy the four bolt bracket the same place you get the toilet.
It's just open up the wall, bolt that thing on, and have the drywall patched.

If you don't want to use the wall hung again, then it can become more involved, depending on whether you can even change to a floor drain or not.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A black toilet will be almost double the same toilet in white. If insurance was not involved, this would way heavily towards keeping the old one. Of course, it is not a water saver, and at some point depending on where you live, the price of water comes into play.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks