Need shower enclosure for narrow area 24W x 40 L?

Users who are viewing this thread

amenez

Reaction score
Im looking for a narrow shower enclosure (max 24 W x 40 L X 92 H) for a small bathroom. So far the smallest unit I found was 30x30 which unfortunately is still too large.

I noticed that in Europe they have several smaller options but cant find anything similar in the US.

An alternative would be to tile the shower area (walls and base) and install a glass door but this option would be more expensive and more complicated (already have a GC working on the overall renovation project and he wants to charge too much to build a taylor made shower)

Appreciate any advice

Andrea - NYC

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
Im looking for a narrow shower enclosure (max 24 W x 40 L X 92 H) for a small bathroom. So far the smallest unit I found was 30x30 which unfortunately is still too large.

I noticed that in Europe they have several smaller options but cant find anything similar in the US.

An alternative would be to tile the shower area (walls and base) and install a glass door but this option would be more expensive and more complicated (already have a GC working on the overall renovation project and he wants to charge too much to build a taylor made shower)

Appreciate any advice

Andrea - NYC
I think 30" is the smallest pre-fab unit.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think code requires a minimum of 30x30...and that is really tight unless you are a child. Don't even think about picking up the dropped soap or shampoo bottle unless you are a contortionist.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a 30" x 30" in my small basement bathroom, and I assure you that you would not want a 24" even if one was made. You need to figure out some way to increase the width to at least 30", and even more if this is going to get frequent use.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Why not just stand one of these on end, and mount a shower valve and drain in it? It would be about the same size...:D

india_star.jpg

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
Why not just stand one of these on end, and mount a shower valve and drain in it? It would be about the same size...:D

india_star.jpg

Ouch. My Dad always said that they bury them standing up in NYC to save space. I never figured out if he was pulling my chain or not.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
?

I have always said that they screw lawyers into the ground because they are so crooked. Since there are a lot of them in NYC, that might be the way it is done there.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Actually there is a story that goes around about a certain organization that used equipment like the hole digger they use for setting telephone poles when they really didn't want a body found...

Jimmy Hoffa might be standing up...:eek:

Makes it real difficult for ground penetrating radar to work...

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
I always figured the best way to get rid of something like that would be with a trackhoe with a 20 or 22' deep capacity. Cadaver dogs can only sniff down about 6' or so.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks