Need recommendation for Low Flow toilet, showerhead, and aerator for apartments

Users who are viewing this thread

app2twm

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new here, and I love this site…lots of great info and helpful people.

Let me give you a little background, my wife and I have owned our apartment complex for five years. There is 132 units, and all were built in the 1980s. The complex is a thriving community, and it has been well-maintained, and it provides good cash flow.

Other than salaries and repairs, our largest expense is water ($65K+ per year for about 4 million gallons of water). With the water company continually raising rates, my wife and I are ready to invest in low flow, high efficiency toilets, shower heads, and faucet aerators. Our big concern is that our tenants will be unhappy with the low flow…so our challenge is to go with low flow, without lowering performance.

I’m looking for recommendations for low flow, high efficiency toilets, shower heads, and faucet aerators.
1. Toilets: We have already started buying the TOTO Drake 1.28gpf, and they have been fantastic. Does everyone agree this is probably the best toilet for the money?

2. Shower Heads: I would like to find a reliable, low cost shower head that is low flow (< 2 gpm) but provides a powerful showering experience. This seems like it might work (but its plastic): AM Conservation Group, SH030W15ZWS. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

3. Bathroom and kitchen faucet aerators: Same as the shower heads, I would like to find a reliable, low cost aerator that is low flow, but won’t feel like it’s low flow for the tenant. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Tim in Louisville

app2twm

Reaction score
I want to bump this just once, then I'll let it go...

So does anyone have a low flow shower head they would recommend?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks