need pump test but well is partially blocked-jet pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

neddy

Reaction score
Back ground- we are a not-for-profit afordable housing group, with a deadline.
We are trying to get our development permitted. we have already proven enough water with one of our 4 wells, but the neighbours have convinced the authorities that we need lots more proof.

There is a 14gal/min well (in shale, with no liner), that is partially blocked. I can get pex down the well and probably 1 to 1&1/2" pipe down too. It was blocked at 17 ft and it seemed clear then to about 100 ft (using a counter weight from a old fashioned window). Now though the blockage is at about 20 ft.
I got a rebar tool welded to poke through blocks up to about 35 ft, but I am scared that I am just shoving something farther and farther down the well and will get stuck every fee feet all the way down.
The static level is about 15 ft.
Question- With the pump test we need to keep a steady volume about 1.25 gal/min.
I thought it would be better to try and get pipe down the well and use a jet pump, before I plug it up completely , than try and get a well pump down.
If we get the permission for the project, we will redrill the well out if we ever need to.
1. Does this seem do-able?
2. If so, what is the best way to get a constant 1.25 gal/min with this setup?

Any and all advice would be helpful. Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
You didn't mention what kind of wall this is or the casing size if any. If none, I wouldn't think it's a well.

Why only 1.25 gpm? How did you arrive at this number? Its certainly not enough to operate a household.

What's wrong with the other three wells?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks