Need Opinion of Paini Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

yokiebear

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently renovated and installed a Paini Faucet in the bathtub. We got the Thermostatic Valve, Hand Shower, Tub Spout and 9" rain shower. After 2 weeks use the hose on the hand shower blew and squirted water across the bathroom. We are redoing the basement bathroom and we are reconsidering if we should purchase the same items for downstairs.

I would like to know your experiences with Paini - Good or Bad.

Thanks

Yokiebear:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Musta been somthin you done wrong. Neva had no problems wid dem.

This is what you get when you buy inferior crap from big box stores instead of buying from a plumber who gets quality products form a reputable wholesaler. Have fun with the warranty.

Attachments

• homer.jpg
    homer.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:

yokiebear

Reaction score
Paini Update

Hi Everyone,

To clarify, I myself did not install the devices - our plumber did - I definately do not have the skills to do the job efficiently. Also, I don't have any problems getting warranty replacement for the defective item but I would like to know if anyone else has Paini faucets installed and how they find its performance/usage over time.

Note: The Paini faucets we purchase look really sleek and modern so we are happy with its look and feel but the blowout after 2 weeks really makes us think twice if these are signs of things to come. And if we repeat this process for our downstairs will we be doubling our headaches in the future.

Thanks you all for your informative comments.

Regards

Yokiebear :rolleyes:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You (or your plumber) buys stuff from big box stores, this is about what you can expect. Making a product look good is easy. Making it last is something else altogether.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Paini is I think a manufacturer of some of the Pegasus line at HD. Good luck with parts or replacement handles and such in the future.

k72

Reaction score
Not speaking for all paini products. Story below:
I purchased Latoscana shower kit by PAINI from Home Depot total = $684.42
Home Depot presented the 20 years warranty (impressive).
Full description: Shower1ON/LATOSCANA shower ONE-oil rubbed BD/LATOSCANA shower ONE SET- Includes Thermostatic Valve, Slide Bar and trim kit- Oil rubbed bronze
After 4 months of use I noticed that coating is peeling on the shower head handle. Then I found that coating is peeling on the shower holder bracket, and half of slide bar looks like it is sand blasted or corrosion.
Found Paini USA I purchased the kit in May 2010. installation was completed in February 2012.

I was informed that coating warranty is one year! Do you think that I would buy the product paying almost $800 with that warranty? That specific warranty note was not in the product description in the store. Yes indeed I found it in documents attached with a kit.

So I had no choice but to spend $142.25 for spare parts. They have arrived. Surprise: one part has oil rubbed coating, other have oil brushed coating. They have different tone and if would be installed the whole thing will look ridicules.

I called Paini-USA twice and explained that parts have different color/tone. First I was told that if something is wrong with my order that I don’t like the color would cost me 15% restocking fee plus shipping. Eventually I send pictures and received assessment:
I have reviewed the photos and this is the correct finish. Although it appears to be a shade different they are produced at different times that is what causes the difference. The only thing I can recommend is if you are unsatisfied you may return them. There is a 15% restocking fee.

To buy or not to buy? What say you?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
YOU must have bought the faucets and the plumber installed them. Your problem had NOTHING to do with his insallation and EVERYTHING to do with the quality of the faucets. If you like form over function, then buy more Painini faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks