Need new remote control kit for Hunter Fan

Users who are viewing this thread

Jvstevens

Reaction score
I recently installed a nice looking Hunter fan/light. It came with a remote control transmitter/receiver in the box. It works fine, except that the fan and light come on by themselves randomly at all hours of the day and night. At first I thought perhaps one of my neighbors in my condo has a Hunter ceiling fan also and was on the same transmit/receive code, so I changed the code using the jumpers in the receiver and remote. This made sense, as I just left it at the default setting when I initially installed it (like probably 90% of the other morons out there like me do). Anyway, that didn't stop the random on/off activity. After doing a little research on line, I discovered that this seems to be a common problem with Hunter fan remotes, and changing codes does not solve the problem. So, its likely a buggy receiver hardware design, or electromagnetic interference from aircraft, garage door openers, who knows... Hunter doesn't seem to be much help except to tell you to change codes (which is a huge pain since the fan is mounted on a tall ceiling, and its difficult to stuff ii all back in the fan canopy afterwards.

So, I'm looking for a reliable fan/light replacement remote kit that, in addition to the standard on/off/speed controls, has motor reverse, and will also dim the LED lights (which are built in to the fan/light unit, not LED screw in bulbs). I've looked around at various remote kits online, but its not always clear if they will work with LEDs (much less dim them) or if they have the motor reverse function built in to the remote (not all have it). So, I thought I would check in here to see if someone has been through this before and has some good recommendations for me. Thanks in advance.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
A few things can cause a false on a fan control.

The model number would help to tell if it uses IR of RF.

A loose connection can cause a Momentary lose of power, That can trigger the SCR.

Also the way the power company switches loads can cause a Momentary lose of power, This can cause many problems with consumer electronics. I.E Computer, Microwave ovens, Satellite and TV converters, Video security systems, Fans too.

It could also be noise on the AC line, If so you can install a $10.00 filter that you can get on E-bay.

http://www.****.com/itm/TDK-AC-Noise-Filter-220V-6A-ZCB2206-11-Power-line-/360342575862

You have to fill in the **** .

It is beyond me why a fan needs a remote. America is already to Fat and too Lazy.

Good Luck.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
The model number is 25124 (Palermo).

You need to make sure the Antenna (Thin Wire) Is separated from all of the other electrical wiring.

The Receiver is most likely picking up noise on your AC line.

Just place the Antenna wire as far away from all other wires as you can.

Good Luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks