Need new fixture for small front mounting sink

Users who are viewing this thread

bronxer

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
The sink is tiny and old - from around 1940-1950. There are 3 holes in the front - hot and cold knob and faucet.

The sink drips from both knobs when the water flows. It has developed a major drip now, so I turned off the water to the cold side and was unable to remove the knob - rusted solid.

Before I remove the old fixture I must first locate a new fixture to replace it.

Any suggestions where I can find one?

Attachments

• sink..jpg
    sink..jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 408
  • photo(2)..jpg
    photo(2)..jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 373

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are many wall hung lavs to choose from.
They should come with a wall bracket. The faucet will mount from the top, so a standard lav faucet with 4" centers will do the trick.

What you have pictured, hasn't been done for a while. Very old school.

Attachments

• LT307_zoom..jpg
    LT307_zoom..jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are several companies who make replacement faucets, but since I have not needed one for almost 40 years I cannot give a specific manufacturer. Indiana Brass used to make a adjustable one which fit almost all sinks.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Use the term "Shelf-back" to search on the web. What you want it both wallmount and "Shelf-back" or Shelfback

Chicagofaucets.com is one good manufacturer making these to go into the wall of this wallmount.

After web searching, you'll get a good idea what you need. Then for local help (NY), try Alfano's arpny.com

Last edited:

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
Buy a handle puller. It's a LOT cheaper than a faucet, and your chrome still looks good. You can rebuild that baby for another hundred years. To me, "very old school" would be the beautiful integral spout sinks from the teens and twenties. I have refubished several of these by making my own rubber seals by trial and error. I work Fridays at an old school hardware store and we may have a refurbished one for sale. Send me a private message if you want me to check-we'll ship if you want it. We may have a slant back too.

Last edited:

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
What we have at the store is a Kohler shelfback completely rebuilt and tested.Seems identical to yours but with lever handles. Lemme know. Or you may be able to cut off the handles, and then rebuild the stems and install new handles. If a handle puller won't work, you'll do all but the rebuild to replace the faucet anyway. Forget about "big box" stores for parts. If you can get the stems out without destroying the spline pattern you're home free.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks