NEED HELP with sink to hose connections PLEASE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I am making a camping sink that will run off a garden hose. This sink faucet (Amico Bathroom Single Hole High Heel Chrome Finish Basin Faucet) is what i have purchased for this project. Its dimensions are Overall Size: 17 x 12.8 x 4cm/ 5.5" x 3.5" x 1.2" (L*W*T) , Water Outlet Dia(Approx): 15mm/ 39/64" and Thread End Size(Approx): 20 x 17mm/ 4/5" x 43/64"(OD*ID). My question is what size connector piece should i buy to connect this to a common garden hose pipe? Or any other solutions/ suggestions to make this project work. Also what does (OD*ID) mean? Thank you.

Email me @ bigdanfrazier1991@yahoo.com

Link to were i purchased faucet
-
[h=1]Amico Bathroom Single Hole High Heel Chrome Finish Basin Faucet[/h]
camp sink connection.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
OD means outside diameter, ID is inside diameter. (In a pipe, the inside diameter measures the space through which the water flows; the outside diameter is that distance plus the thickness of the material that makes up the pipe. That's why 1/2" OD Pex has a smaller internal opening than 1/2" OD copper; the Pex is thicker than the copper.)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks great but since we are only using it as a play piece in my daughters play kitchen we built I can not speak for the functional quality but it is pretty and a 2 year old has not managed to break it in a month so that says something.

This was an interesting review I found.

Paulypfunk

In the Trades
Reaction score
Any hardware store should have male and female 3/4" hose bib thread adapters. The question is what size is the threads on that faucet base. The size you list seems odd, but this seems to be a cheap import brand and their technical data translations could be better. I was amused when I went to their website and saw that "Amico is an excellent annotation of friend."

Well spoken Amico. Well spoken.

I'm guessing that thing is 1/2 iron pipe size thread. Can you take the faucet to the hardware store and try screwing on a few flexible supply connectors? If you can figure that end out it shouldn't be too hard to find a connector that will adapt to hose thread. For instance a 1/2" IPS x 1/2" IPS flexible braided connector and a brass adapter 1/2 male IPS x Female hose bib thread.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The faucet inlet is metric and the only way you will connect to it is by obtaining a metric 20 mm to 1/2" IPS adapter, then adapting that to a hose thread.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks