Need help with shower valve cartridge replacement. Gerber, Harden Brass, and Matco-No

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by farmoci, May 31, 2008.

1. farmoci

farmoci New Member

Hi -
    I am trying to replace the shower valve cartridge for my single handle shower faucet. The plastic lip of the valve cartridge is broken . . . unless I turn my handle just right, my shower will leak! My problem in replacing the cartridge is that I don't know who the manufacturer is of my single handle shower faucet. Because I couldn't find a replacement, I actually glued the broken plastic piece back, but that only worked for about a month. Does anyone have any suggestions for tracking down replacement cartridges? The only identifying information on my faucet is "UPC" and "CSA", which I suspect is not unique to this manufacturer. Attached are some pictures . . .

Attached Files:

2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Have a look see here...
    http://www.arpny.com/
    Click on "single lever faucet cartridges"
    You will find it I guarantee it!
    I would have looked it up for you except my PDF reader is acting up tonight and shutting down by internet browser...
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Okay I got it to work finally!
    That cartridge was used by Gerber, Harden Brass, and Matco-Norca and is available at the link I posted above.
  4. farmoci

farmoci New Member

Thank you so much!!!!
  5. aaronrusz

aaronrusz New Member

BUMP

I think this is the one I have too. I'm trying to replace the handle and need to either figure out how to remove the whole valve assy and replace it, extend the shaft on the cartridge to 3" to accommodate the new handle assy, or replace the cartridge with one that has a long enough shaft. Please help. photo.jpg
  6. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

UPC is NOT a brand name. It is the "code" seal of approval granted by IAPMO ( International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials). UPC stand for Universal Plumbing Code. Most jurisdicitions require all plumbing materials to be approved by a recognized approval body, like UL for electric). IAPMO is a universally accepted approving agency.

And it seems this post is in the wrong thread. I can't seem to find where you started this discussion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  7. aaaaathatsfiveas

aaaaathatsfiveas New Member

Thanks!!

This thread totally saved us today. Amazing that 5 years later this is still good information. Thanks!!

-A
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The manufacturer is always where I go first, as long as the customer can wait for it to be delivered.
  9. robert13084

robert13084 New Member

I have both the cartridge and the pressure balancing part in stock!
  10. joe979xx

joe979xx New Member

I found at New York Replacement Parts - Plumbing and Heating Supplies.

NYRCORP . com - Part# GERBER Single Lever Cartridge - 95-154 CARTRIDGE
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  11. trentenmarschel

trentenmarschel New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013