Need help with plumbing for new shower into ejector tank

Users who are viewing this thread

webuser1200

Reaction score
History:

I have an existing half bath in basement and I'm moving the vanity and adding a shower. There already was an ejector pump. I did the following:

1. Broke up the concrete
1. Made a 2" whole into the ejector tank and put in the pvc pipe which connects to the shower drain. The shower drain is vented and the vanity connects into the shower drain and is also vented.

My problem is that I made the hole into the side of the ejector tank too high. So on the other end the pvc for the shower drain is only a couple of inches below the top of the concrete. I have to get a in slab inspection before I can pore the concrete. So here are my questions:

1. I looked at the plumbing code used by my town (https://law.resource.org/pub/us/code...c.ipc.2003.pdf) and I dont' see anything mentioned about how the pvc pipe needs to be laid out below the concrete. Is there a building code which dictates how much below the concrete the pvc pipe needs to be? can the pvc pipe be in concrete? Does it need to be wrapped up in something?

Can I use the sand that I dug out to fill in below the pvc pipe? If the pvc pipe cannot touch the concrete what do I put on top between the concrete and the pvc pipe.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Actually, unless you used some kind of "bulkhead fitting" to make the hole, you should not even put the PVC into the tank, regardless of how high it is. And, since you appear to have done that, I wonder if the rest of the piping is done correctly. Inspectors typically will reject the pipe in the concrete because it creates a weak spot which WILL crack at the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks